Auto Repair and Tire Service in Clinton, TN
Greg Tindell opened G.T. Discount Tire in 1977. When he originally opened, he had full service gas pumps. He closed the gas pumps in 1996 and opened the Express Lube center. The service center opened around 1980. Dusty, Greg’s son, started his career at G.T. Tire in 1998 while a sophomore in high school. He has been with the business since and is following in Greg’s footsteps to keep G.T. Discount Tire the local, family owned business it has always been!
- G.T. stands for Greg Tindell.
- Greg opened the store as a senior in high school.
- Greg was the sole employee for the first 3 years of business.
- Greg used a pay phone to do business until he could get a telephone line installed.
- Cross Pike Market was owned by Greg’s father Jack Tindell. It was a local family owned market that sold the usual convenience items but their specialty was ice cream and the best hotdogs around! Jack retired and closed Cross Pike around 1989. The market was remodeled into the service center we have today. Jack continued to help Greg in business until he passed in 2005.
- Some of our employees have been with us 20+ years!
Thank you for stopping by and we look forward to providing you with all your car service needs!